Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by RIO7

southtexas, mostly 100 gr. SGK 41.5 gr. H-4350 CCI-200. Rio7

We have had excellent luck with the Sierra in 243. b

The 85 grain Sierra SP is another good one.
I've had what I consider good performance with quick kills out of a bunch of different .243 bullets. All except for that one core- lokt.

Must mean they all work pretty well when placed where they should be.

We just use a lot of Sierra because they are about an hour down the road. Go buy a few pounds of seconds every few years.

Sierra's are my go to bullet for deer. I also like Nosler and Combined Technologies Ballistic Tips. They all work good but the Sierra Game Kings are every bit as good but cheaper.

I had someone tell me that SGKs were ok and shorter ranges inside 100 yards but out past that they didn't perform consistent. I think that's BULL CACA. I killed two White Tail Does at damn near 400 yards with them and one hog at 320. All three were or damn near were DRT. They hog ran about 15 yards on adrenaline. before crashing and burning. Maybe they were talking about really long range like out past 400. But I consider shots like that as folly.

Last edited by Filaman; 03/29/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!