Coronavirus is the immediate problem. KYHillChick and I are both at risk. My mom's 91 and stuck in a quarantined facility. We're in a major metropolitan area and there thinking about closing the bridges out of the state. My BOL may end up off-limits. However, Krogers is delivering to the house once a week, and we've got a freezers full of venison.

The economy? Yeah, it's a bad deal, but the infrastructure is still sound. We can bounce back rather quickly. I'm working for a company that manufactures a key part used in refrigeration and AC. I can hold off retiring and stay working.

What worries me is the next thing. I used to know an archeologist. She was an expert on Crete and the Minoans. Yes, Thera blew its top and screwed up everything in the eastern Med. However, the Minoans were already in decline. She was not sure what it was, possibly a plague or some other such thing. It turned a bad volcanic explosion into a catastrophe. Similarly, I'm not filled with existential dread over either of these current dilemmas. I'm worried about the kick in the teeth that might hit us while we're down.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer