Originally Posted by RAS
All:

Last week, it was virus. Now, it’s our economy.

People all around me are losing their jobs. I feel that we are going to collapse, or at least go way down in my town. In the last 2 days, 11 people I know from five different employers are out of work.

Are things getting that bad by you?

RAS

No, just the opposite. Out of about 300+ employees. on March 27th, Friday morning most were sent home to work remotely. Mostly engineers and various office workers. They are all upstairs. Downstairs we have SIX people left in the production area out of close to 100 people. All but 6 were laid off about 3 months ago. Last Monday they were all told to go home for 30 days, either use vacation time of take it without pay. All 6 stuck together and defied the company. All are STILL working. In the machine shop where I work the company put us on 50 hours. Actually, the engineers are putting out WAY more work from home that they did in house. Hardly NO traffic. I was taking me close to an hour each way to travel. Now it is 30/35 minutes. So far so good. Who knows what lies ahead. Don't get me wrong. I am 75 years old. No underlying conditions. NO medications. How long will I survive. WHO KNOWS.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5