Originally Posted by ruffcutt
https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/resmurs-case-reservation-murders
The Oglala’s have a history of violence, interesting read from the past.

IIRC there’s a former AIM guy on Pine Ridge who has claimed that at least one young White woman was raped and murdered during the occupation at Wounded Knee, said young woman having gone out to support the Indians.

I was there twice; in ‘83 when I brung a truckload of blankets out there a regular guy with a family brung me up on the hill to the burial pit and chapel. Mid-February, snow on the ground, a cold wind blowing, really gave a sense of the tragedy.

Second time was twenty years later, end of June, we drove through there coming back from the Little Big Horn/Devil’s Tower/Sturgis. The whole place had changed a lot, a lot more houses than I remembered.

One of the AIM guys had built a “Wounded Knee Museum” on the road right next to the hill. Not much in there but photographs.

The local elementary school was having a bake sale right across the street from the hill. Those ladies were good people. They told us the AIM guy who built the museum was the biggest drug dealer on Pine Ridge.

More’n a few Indians in San Antonio, I’ve taught some of their kids, met their parents, some of whom were nominally AIM people. Only reason I point that out is to say just ‘cause they were AIM doesn’t mean they supported all that criminal crap.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744