Originally Posted by MarknMaggie
Try finding a new factory rifle in 25-06 now. Less .270 WIN chamberings, too. Forget finding a 257 Bob or 6.5 Swede, or a .260 Rem (a few are cataloged). The 7mm-08 is also seen less frequently, now. All due to the 6.5 Creedmoor. I remember Mule deer (JB) saying that the 7mm-08 is closer to the 270 WIN than anything else, in the field & on paper. I have a Weatherby stainless 20" Mark V six-lug 7mm-08 rifle, ~ 6.5 lb, 7.2 lb. w/ a 2-7X scope, usually sub-MOA. A sweet, easy to hike with rifle. I'm very pleased with it and the caliber. Working up loads w/ the Barnes 120 gr. TTSX now. Long live the 7mm-08!
Mark & Belle

At some point, 6.5 sales will level out too, once everyone that wants one gets it. Rifles are pretty much the ultimate in durable goods, so the usual sales cycle for such stuff will occur. I never got a 7-08 because it was too close to my .270s (before all the emphasis on short and light). Haven't bought a 6.5 CM because I have that niche surrounded by other stuff. I know where there are a couple of 6.5 Alpines available at a decent price right now, and I barely felt a twinge. Barely.

What fresh Hell is this?