Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Hastings
I sort of think the .270W and maybe .243 W is more likely overtaken by the 6.5 CM than any other popular cartridges. I had a 6.5 CM for a short time but I sold it to a girl and went back to .30-06. My experience lead me to believe it would kill like a .270 and recoil like a .243W. My prospective daughter in law was talking about buying a CM because she didn't like the kick of our .270W Ruger 77. I advised a 6.5 Grendel.

What’s your thinking, Grendel over Creed?Both good rounds. Just curious. DF
She doesn't like recoil and wanted to hunt with my Weatherby Vanguard 2 in .223. My neighbor friend has an AR in 6.5 Grendel and with a 120 to 135 grain bullet it seems almost if not equal to .308W with 150 grain bullets in trajectory. Kills hogs very well with a 129 Nosler LRAB. Very low recoil and she isn't likely to shoot over 250 yards. The light recoil is why I recommended it. Besides that we are set up to reload that caliber and I let my cousin have the Creedmoor dies.

I think the Grendel will be perfect for her. I'm on my second, after some disillusionment with my first. This one's a Howa Mini with an aftermarket hinged floorplate. My handloads with 120gr Speer Gold Dots at an alleged 2600 fps are looking pretty good. Haven't shot anything other than paper yet, but the mild little round is a pleasure to shoot, and should give long barrel life. Have plenty of the spendier LRABS too. Mine came with both the standard and youth stock. Based on experience with a youth model 7.62x39, I used that one and added a slip-on pad, so it can go from short to long LOP in an instant.

What fresh Hell is this?