Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 300_savage
I think it is too firmly entrenched to go away. There are always people who like the 7mm caliber...it's hard not to like. But if they introduce a 7mm Creedmoor.......

It basically is already a 7mm creedmoor. What would the difference be? Hypothetically speaking..

Yeah, it's already about the same as it would be, ballistically..................Creedmoor name might be a little sexier.

As far as the 7-08 going away, likely not, but it also is not going to grow anymore either...........most new shooters (are there any?) will likely be influenced enough by the 6.5 craze to buy that instead.

But if you have a 7-08 already, you really don't "need" a 6.5 as what one will do the other will also & vice versa.

I have a great 7-08 in an original Rem 700 Ti that is incredibly accurate (after some TLC) that I'll likely never let go of, so other than just having a 6.5 for the sake of having it, & more brass, bullets, dies, etc., I don't really need anything else in a similar power level range.

I have 270's, 280's & '06's & 25-06's & love them all, but for animals the size of antelope to moose, with bullets from 120-160 grains, the 7-08 is just fine for me & it's as much about the package as the cartridge. Doesn't mean I don't still love & use the others...............my most favorite rifle of all is a KS Custom Shop M-700 in 270, not because of the cartridge, but because of the package. But the 7-08 Ti package is nearly as good, just not quite.

MM