Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Came across another Leup that has some internal zero shift induced by recoil. Fired several 5-shot groups at 100 meters from a very accurate .308 with a Mk4 8.5-25x50 on top, followed by a Hensoldt 3-12x. Most guys would never know the Leup has an issue and would think that the rifle/ammo is simply capable of ~1 MOA precision. The fired groups were revealing. Here are a couple of sample groups that are representative:

Leup:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Hensoldt:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
The Leupold group would be plenty good enough to fill every deer tag I'm ever going to get. Don't even need that good really. I have no interest in shooting "steel" or any other target from a distance at which I'll never shoot game. It serves no purpose for me and targets, steel or otherwise, don't make good stew.

Both of those 3 shot groups look like chidt and are they supposed to not be centered/zeroed on the x?? If you are shooting any kind of longrange (even 400+ yards), you would be off far enough to be out of the vitals.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA