Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Came across another Leup that has some internal zero shift induced by recoil. Fired several 5-shot groups at 100 meters from a very accurate .308 with a Mk4 8.5-25x50 on top, followed by a Hensoldt 3-12x. Most guys would never know the Leup has an issue and would think that the rifle/ammo is simply capable of ~1 MOA precision. The fired groups were revealing. Here are a couple of sample groups that are representative:

Leup:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Hensoldt:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
The Leupold group would be plenty good enough to fill every deer tag I'm ever going to get. Don't even need that good really. I have no interest in shooting "steel" or any other target from a distance at which I'll never shoot game. It serves no purpose for me and targets, steel or otherwise, don't make good stew.

Both of those 3 shot groups look like chidt and are they supposed to not be centered/zeroed on the x?? If you are shooting any kind of longrange (even 400+ yards), you would be off far enough to be out of the vitals.

If you had bothered to read the post you would know that they are both 5-shot groups. And no, zeroing the scopes was not of any concern for this comparison; I was strictly looking at group size and shifting POI.