Originally Posted by Mike70560
Mr. Raider,

I agree about the taxes.

It is surprising they went that long without paying sales tax. It would be interesting to see if they were collecting the tax and not paying it. Sales tax can be a pain in the ass because of different exemptions, shipping things out of state, manufacturing versus retail. I wonder if they got dinged in an audit and did not pay it or if they just quit paying because of lack of cash.

Hope all is well for you, tough times for many in the Permian.

Thanks Mike. We will make it out here but it'll take a little time, just like the last few downturns we've been through. Things will settle out eventually. I used to be in the fuel business for about 22 years until I sold my interest a couple of years ago. When purchasing fuel at the refinery, you can either buy it tax free or taxes paid. If you buy tax free you have to file tax reports every month and pay up all at once for state and fed taxes. We always elected to pay our taxes at the rack rather than file reports. I guess we always wanted to know whether we were broke or not!

There was another post on that snipershide thread that a guy had some history on GW's reporting. They had been delinquent like 5 times since 2009, so paying taxes wasn't something they took very seriously I guess. That's a stupid way to conduct business that's for sure.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.