Mostly retired now. I have a part-time gig at a small local college building/maintaining apparatus used in the Physics labs- all recreations of 18th & 19th century gizmos created by the likes of Faraday, Maxwell, Tesla, Coulomb, etc. As interesting and challenging as it is, and aside from it keeping me off the streets and out of the bars a couple/few days a week, the main draw is I have the use of a wonderful wood and metal shop and have carte blanche to work on my own projects at will. Essentially they pay me to tinker and I literally set my own hours. I rarely ever get up before 9AM and roll in anywhere between 10 and noon, take an hour lunch, and go home around 3-4PM.

In the past I did a career in industrial management, in a couple steel industries, where I wouldn't have stood still for the kind of work hours/habits I exhibit now myself. I then did an about face and did a half-career (for lack of a better term) as a boat builder, specializing in custom interiors of luxury yachts and sport fishers. Built a lot of stuff for celebrities such as Walter Cronkite and Eric Clapton. Annapolis is a great place to be doing that.

Along the way I also taste tested whiskey and women, bought&sold British cars, fly fished my butt off, and managed to mess with about every make of gun known to man. In other words I found countless ways to enjoy most of the nickels I made- the rest I just wasted. It's been a helluva ride.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/25/20.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty