I mostly lurk on this section as I am a noobie at best. I hoped to go to the Dells get together a few years back but other events prevented that. This year's get together was on the calendar but it too fell by the wayside.

I retired 2+ years ago after spending 33 years as a Firefighter/EMT. Currently work in a variety retail store, mostly sporting good, but I can be found in hardware, automotive, farm, pets, and lawn and garden depending on the day.

I get thrown into a lot of positions as my background gives me a wider but shallower base of knowledge than many of my coworker's. I grew up part city boy, part Jackpine Savage in northern Minnesota, and part on the family dairy farm in central Minnesota. Did these through most of high school. Generally had at least two jobs and often three. Other jobs have been driving semi for 4 years, 11 years as a volunteer/paid on call firefighter/EMT, part time police officer 5 years, 4 years warehouse work, about 2 years total fast foods at fairs, 5 years radio station promotions, and probably a couple more I can't remember offhand. I Also did a bit of testing/trialing pointing dogs, mainly the continental breeds but also a few setters.

This all kept me mostly out of trouble in my early years as I didn't have much of a personal life. I started toning back in my mid-20's but old habits die hard as my "part time" job often has me working more than full time hours. I hope to make a get together some day and not only learn more about Savage firearms but place faces to names.