I was a pulmonary intensivist M.D. in Appalachia until I retired in 2015....beautiful country between the Smokies and the Appalachians. Never had time to sleep, much less do much hunting, but had some good luck with deer in SW Virginia and loved dove and duck hunting when I could.

I graduated medical school 1968, drafted by Uncle Sam and signed commission papers during my internship in January ‘69. To my surprise they didn’t send me active duty orders (apparently due to cutbacks after Cambodia). I am probably the only living male dumb enough to have filed two sequential Congressional complaints trying to get into the active duty army in that era! DEROS in late ‘73. Went back into specialty/sub-specialty training, finally at age 34 went into practice in late ‘77.

Anyway my 4th attempt to retired finally “took”in early 2015. My wife of 52 years this last May never quite forgave me for taking her to the mountains as she grew up in Virginia Beach, so the deal was we’d move to our condo on Amelia Island, Florida. Both of us now have health issues, so I mostly fo the a pistol range about once a week, shoot skeet or sporting clays twice weekly, clean and fondle my rifles, work on the house and yard, and, of course, do whatever the voices in my wife’s head tell her to tell me to do. She is my first and only love, helpmate, main supporter and I love her dearly because she loves me back.....been lucky all my life!

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus