Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Valsdad

One can put two together to make them longer.

If no zip ties, not a single one of them had some paracord bracelet or other tacticool doo dad with them? Or even a piece of rope in the car. Tow strap? Jacket?

Easy to Monday morning quarterback. You weren't there, exhausted from a long physical struggle with a huge, powerful, arrest resisting suspect with a known, long, violent, rap sheet, just hoping you can keep the guy restrained long enough for help to arrive.

PS Zip ties, if one knows the technique, can be broken when placed on the wrist. The ones designed for the wrist, joined together for sufficient length for ankles, would likely be nearly useless on the ankles of a guy this size and strength, hopped up on drugs.

Yep, maybe, if restrained in handcuffs, and his ankles zip tied he could have found a way to use this technique to defeat them? So simple a child can do it. Of course, there's no po-po there watching to make sure she doesn't:

Lots of techniques I've found for defeating the ones on wrists, pull the end to tighten them as much as possible, etc etc. But I haven't found one showing how to defeat ones on the ankles. If you find on, please post it, I'd like to learn it myself.

And yes Monday morning stuff..................by everyone here and across the Nation.

Some of the Monday Morning QBs seem to be of the opinion, "Why not just shoot the Large Black Man, hopped up on drugs, with a criminal background"

Others of us think there just may have been a slightly better way to deal with the situation, especially after he was on the ground, struggling less, and a couple of the officers had gotten off him and appeared to have been "standing by".........................Instead of standing there, go get some friggen leg restraints or a substitute.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?