Originally Posted by AZ Southpaw
Ruger American - .308 Winchester. I had a customer's Gunwerks 6.5 Creedmoor in the shop, and with it's Huskemaw scope I proceeded to work up a hunting load that would shoot into the 3's all day long at 100 yards. Another customer had a much more limited budget so I set him up with a Ruger American in .308 Win., then mounted a little Leupy 2-7x32 on it. That Ruger just about matched the Creed on average accuracy-wise, and actually beat it with the best single group result. Out of wiped barrel I called a "high and left" fouling shot, then the next 3 went into the same hole about a 1/2" away from the first. A sample of one? Yes. Was I still impressed? Yes!

Now, get rid of that flyer and you'd have something. How was the chamber on that ruger? Some ive seen were rough. So much, in fact, that it scarred the brass. Another one i saw had a poor crown that greatly affected accuracy. Enough that my friend had to send it back to ruger for repair.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA