I had a little 8lb Chihuahua/Jack Russel mix, ornery little brown and white cuss who got to keep his ‘nads. He could spot off-duty Cops at the range every time and would get in their face, White and Mexican both. I think it was their body language or their walk or something.

Black folks? I had a rat terrier too back then, ordinarily laid back. One time in the morning I went grocery shopping and left the dogs in the car, parking lot mostly empty at that hour.

I come out and this Black guy with a big smile on his face is dancing pirouettes around the car, both little dogs going full on Cujo beserk inside the car following him around from window to window grin

He was embarrassed when I came walking up, I thought it was funny.

That little mutt is the only dog I have had that bit someone, a drunk Mexican reaching into my Ex’s car at the park, little fugger struck like a rattlesnake from the back seat. He was a good dog.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744