Originally Posted by slumlord
Birdie

What is the name of that little mama dog? 😃

All we hear about Cleburne

Blondie?

Nowadays she eats, sleeps and lactates, eats, sleeps and lactates, eats sleeps and lactates....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

It ain't all bad though, she's been chowing down on about 2/3 of a pound of raw 27% fat ground beef a day, hand fed to her one bit at a time by me, with a side of grated mozzarella (her fave) plus all the Purina One Small Bites she can handle.

Cleburne is sporting a more streamlined look nowadays. Still a charming dog, gentle to a fault, more or less obedient, kills rodents, chases cats and the FedEX truck.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

He's built like a whippet but he'd never make it on the track, catches too much air when he runs, ears flopping up and down with every leap, tail corkscrewing wildly.

We have a fast growing weed in Texas called Beggar's Tick I think. Comes out in the spring, grows very fast, covers everything then dies just as quick, leaving a kazillion little oval maybe 4mm seeds covered in hooks like velcro, they attach to everything. When he hits the tall weed patches Cleburne switches to the springbok thing, leaping up and down, and bounces right on through, always finishes up every walk with a face full of beggars ticks.

So on the drive home he'll lay his head on my leg and I'll pick the seeds off while I drive. Every time a seed comes off it takes a little bit of hair with it, hence his relatively short-haired condition from the neck up. Him and Blondie still hang out, but she has him in check, when I'm hand feeding her he patiently sits and waits in the background, and then cleans up any scraps when she's done.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744