I will allow you the grounds for competence as an educator if you do teach valuable lessons, but if you don’t see the void in modern education from grade school to the university system, you are an unworthy educator.

I've been called worse around here. Like every other teacher what I teach is based upon the TEKS "Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills" and my lesson plans and assignment materials are completely online and transparent. Do, I lead kids in prayer before class? Nope, not allowed to but we do have the moment of silence right after the Pledge and we do have both a Christian Club and a Fellowship of Christian Athletes who meet around the flagpole out front for prayer regularly.

Anyhoo... I'm pretty sure I musta given a wrong answer in your estimation but to get you started if you care to look, this is what is on the curriculum for 6th Grade History...

http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/rules/tac/chapter113/ch113b.html#113.19

Meaningless without active parents tho, both to keep an eye on what is presented in class and to raise their kids right.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744