Originally Posted by IndyCA35
It's easy to understand.

Bitcoin was invented about 400 years ago in Holland except they used tulip bulbs instead of some mythical nonexistent stuff that some kid thought up in his parents' basement. It will crash. The only question is when.

The only differences are (a) you can't grow pretty flowers and (b) Bitcoin uses the blockchain, which makes it very difficult to hack.

Nations may, in the future use cryptocurrencies (based on the blockchain) but Bitcoin will not be one of them. Nations will not tolereate currencies they can't control. It is also too volatile to use as a store of value. Besides, Bitcoin is limited to a certain number of Bitcoins. Can you imagine how hard that would make it for the US government to print $3 trillion? It's imossible.

I don't think a legitimate financial advisor would recommend that clients invest more than a small amount of their assets in Bitcoin, for speculation only. Also, I don't think a legitimate advisor would want a client to invest in something the client did not understand, or was too indifferent to look it up on Wikipedia.

“Legitimate “ is the operative word to all of this.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.