Originally Posted by Bull64
Dean, I was in industrial electrical contracting also.Logged many hours in a few chicken processing plants.The rendering rooms were akin to something of a nightmare.It wasn’t so much of the fact of getting the chit on you,but it was a long time before I wanted some chicken on my plate again.Same thing with eggs after some time spent in the rendering section of the hatchery.I guess it doesn’t bother some folks,but it changed my perspective on chicken dinners...

At one time my service area included two Purdue chicken processing plants and several hatchery's. The processing plant itself was something but the rendering operation about a half mile behind it was something to behold in the summer time. By rendering, I mean where they cook down everything they couldn't sell. I was told most of the "product" went right back into feed.
Back then it was mostly blacks employed, but even then the Mexicans were starting be hired in good numbers, late 80's-early 90's.
Never stopped eating chicken but did start cleaning up with bleach after cutting them up.