Maybe a dog food or soap making operation in the pre-breaker video. Back in the '60's dad got me the worst summer time employment that he could find largely I think to keep me motivated to stay in school. One of those was the local packing house where I got to fill in for guys out sick or on vacation. Washing heads up on the kill floor was memorable and yes, there is a lot of muscle meat on a cow's head and it can and does turn into grinds. What surprised me more than anything was once you hang an animal upside down, what was on the inside wants to get outside with gravity. We killed about 1,200 head a day and those heads came by on a hook and needed to be hosed off. There was a USDA inspector in a white coat over my shoulder pretty often making sure that the green stuff (use your imagination) wasn't on the head after my station. Note to all, cook those burgers.

We dried the blood and it went into a big tank for animal feed supplement. Cleaning the dried blood off the inside of that tank with a shovel was another not so great job or on my back descaling the boiler.

A still warm prime black Angus got gored in transit and died in the truck and I had to skin it because the hide was the only thing we could use from that animal. Worth 5 cents a pound and I rolled it into the bone truck. I should have back strapped that one and paid the nickel a pound price.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory