I've had lots of fast cars- A 68 GTO with the 400 hp/HP 400 and four speed was pretty fast for a 17 year old, my 64 Chevelle was pretty fast, a BMW1800 Tii I had when I was stationed in Germany in the army was a jewel to drive down the autobahn at 135 all day long and didn't even get warm. Built a V8 Vega while in the army with a Z28 engine in it tuned to around 475 hp. Made a couple sphincters contract so bad when I took guys for a ride I though they were going to faint.... drove a lot of buddie's cars that were very fast also- a 64 Sport Fury with a 426 Hemi transplanted into it, my army buddy's AAR Cuda from Fort Lewis to Portland in an hour and 25 minutes for 165 miles and his 71 Mustang GT 500 with a 550 hp 428 was also a kick in the ass.... even got to test drive a Lambhorgini 640 LE once and I was very impressed with the power and the all wheel drive traction. Almost lost some fillings launching that thing... I'm sure I'm leaving out a few...

However, the one car that still scares me a little every time I drive it is the Cobra replica I built from scratch- not a kit car... Carbon fiber body, original style chassis, 5 speed, 351W stroked to 393 at 525 hp, and weighs around 2000 lbs. Every time you get in that thing and buckle into the race style harnesses, you feel like it might be your last time. The sound of the side pipes as you row through the gears and the air blowing over your head over the windshield is nirvana on a bad day.... scared the crap out of almost everyone who has ridden in it with me ... but it is so darned impractical it is going down the road soon for something a little more every day driver style- like a 67 Nova SS with an LS7 in it , seriously upgraded suspension, and seats like a race car that lock you into place....

Damn, I love fast cars....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.