I did leave out one good story- my younger brother and me would go around to dealers on Saturdays when we were bored and test drive fast cars- which is how I unintentionally ended up with my 68 GTO... Considering this was in 1970/71, there were LOTS of fast muscle cars to test drive at local lots... so, one day I stop at a lot and the eager salesman in his 50's comes out and spots me right away and leads me over to a Hemi Road Runner on the lot.... he asks me if I want to test drive it and of course, I calmly said why not? We get buckled in and my younger brother is in the back seat and we drive out of the parking lot and up to the freeway entrance which is only a block away... I'm being careful not to scare anyone off too early in the test drive so I'm driving like an old lady going to church... the salesman says "punch it", "see what this baby can do".... big mistake.... when the smoke from the tires cleared I was launching down the entrance ramp and hit 135 before I got to the merging lane, turned on my blinker and merged at about 140 and then I slowed down a bit to around 100. The next exit ramp was about a mile down the road and I could tell from the tears in the salesmans eyes I had worn out my welcome, so I took the exit and tooled back to the dealer... once I stopped, the salesman got out of the car and walked into the showroom and never said a word to me... and I was thinking about buying the car, too.... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.