84 Mazda RX 7

My best friend's dad was a car wholesaler for a small independent used car lot.
I bought quite a few cars from him at wholesale prices.

When I graduated pharmacy school in 1987, I told him to be on the lookout for us a family sedan.
He said "Look, I know you have never owned a sports car and I've got one that I can sell you really cheap because I got it cheap."
I said, "no, we'll be having kids in a couple of years and I don't need that."
He responded, "You don't need it now, but at 40 you'll realize that at 24 you actually did need it. Plus, the price is such that you can drive it a year and sell it for more than you paid for it.:"

I reluctantly brought home a 2 yr old Mazda RX-7. It was black with red striping and red leather seats. It was so much fun to drive. I put it at 135 on a country 2 lane road late at night. But this
car wasn't about the speed. It was about "the feel". It was my favorite car I ever had even though I wasn't a sports car drive fast kind of guy.

I ended up driving it for 2 years and sold it for $700 more than I paid for it.

I'm 57 now. I would love to have that car again........ or a Mazda Miata....... don't laugh. I'm happily married and a pharmacist/pastor. I'm not having a "life crisis" sort of thing. But I've always looked at those Miatas and wanted my wife to drive one, but she needs a 4 seater to haul grandkids around. I'm happy with my Chevy pickup, but would love to hit the road on a long vacation in that little 2 seater Miata with the powered hardtop, convertible.

Last edited by Savage_Hunter; 08/04/20.