Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Originally Posted by Hastings
Can you trespass on public land/property?
You should see what the U.S. Forest Service will enforce against you on their (our) land. I sometimes worked with their law enforcement. One agent charged 2 elderly ladies who were out there raking up pine straw for mulching flower beds. And took their rakes. Charged them with theft. The same U.S.F.S. that routinely burns hundreds of acres of pine straw a year in (un) controlled burns.

But not for trespassing.

I've been fined for a day hike in the National Forest without a permit. Happened in California. Still that way today.

Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by deflave

No

Go stand on school grounds after hours or after you're asked to leave.

Let us know how that turns out.

She was not there after hours.

She was there during a public even.

Asked to leave by whom and for what.

The school, dumb ass.

On what authority did the school have to evict her, besides the unconstitutional mask mandate.
The school is public property but has people managing it like every other piece of property. Schools are managed by a school board who give their collective authority to the administration who delegate this to others, such as this cop. When the cop acting under authority from the property's managers asks/tells you to leave for whatever reason, you either do so or face the consequences. I'm not justifying the cop's actions, but just giving the physics of what happened, so to speak.