I can see why it's happening, demand is outpacing supply and they're just playing a numbers game. Some recent posts on the subject talked about how most people either don't know what a well made firearm is or don't care. So they can produce X,000 units for Y cost per unit, or 1.5 * X,000 units for Y-10% cost per unit by cutting corners. They know only a small percentage will be returned.

Problem is, people have long memories. It takes decades to build a reputation and a very short time to ruin it.

Saying that, I understand I'm guilty of two of the things mentioned here. "Don't care" - I did, twice, but they plumb wore me out, now I just want something that shoots. Used to be their CS was top of the line but it seems even there they just want to get'em in and out the door as fast as possible. And posts like this contribute to tarnishing a reputation but on that point I will choose uncomfortable truths over comforting lies every day and twice on Sunday. You have to call'em as you see'em.

Taking this one out tomorrow morning to try a proven "load that works" for .357's and four different .38 Spl loads that have proven to be accurate in other revolvers. If this thing shoots straight I'll definitely be back here to report that.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!