I've had a number of sorry ones too Gunzo, including a new, thoroughly hosed 45 Blackhawk I sent back only to have it returned with a note saying it was 'in spec'. After three phone calls I got them to agree to take another look at it. I sent it back with a copy of receipt and a note of my own requesting a refund and stating I would refuse any returned parcel from them. They finally mailed a check. That was my last new Ruger in 1998. I'll buy a used one occasionally, always cheap enough I can come out if it necessary.

In all fairness, you can get a dud from any of the Joe Sixpack gun pushers. We have two Mossberg 930s made four years apart. The first was a Security/Field Combo that will go 600-700 flawless field loads between cleanings. The stock was too long for my wife to shoot well so I shortened the stock and gave it to her. I bought another, supposedly better 22" JM Pro last year that was a QC train wreck. I sorted that one out myself and sent Mossberg the laundry list of crap I fixed. To say they were ambivalent would be an understatement.

I'm tired of paying full price for 80% kits with serial numbers.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ