Originally Posted by McInnis
Sorry to say the new S&Ws are no better. I bought a new model 629 this past summer that had to go back to the factory after the first time I shot it. The firing pin bushing was recessed and letting the primers back out enough to cause the cylinder to jam. They would have caught that if they had just test fired it once at the factory.

And speaking of Ruger I just bought a new Blackhawk in .45 Colt that shoots 300 grn bullets 12 inches high at 25 yards. The only way I can hit the bullseye is with the rear sight screwed all the way down and 185 grain bullets with a max load of Blue Dot. This one didn’t surprise me. I have a Super BH in .44 mag that has the same issue with heavy bullets. Before I bought this .45 I even started a thread here asking if other people had this issue and they didn’t. I guess it’s a crap shoot.

I wouldn’t touch a newer production Smith with a 10 foot pole. Although I bet there are plenty of satisfied owners. The ones from 90s and before are typically very, very, good. (Maybe early 2000s are also plenty good)

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES