Appreciate everybody's thoughts. Kind of a PITA here but not much to do but keep on keeping on.

I'd been dealing with one person at Ruger both for the last return and this one. A bit more than just a phone answerer but obviously not able to influence much higher up. Earlier in the thread I related a phone conversation with her:

"She said she had notified the manager of this product line of their 0 and 3 record and red flagged the requisition for a new one which she assured me meant that it would be reviewed by management before being sent out."

Last night I sent an email back to her reminding her of this and noted that if indeed a manager or managers reviewed this it sure as hell didn't speak well for their management. I attached some of the more hideous and incriminating pictures from this thread as supporting evidence of this.

I'd try again (try #5 but hey, who's counting? wink ) but it's obvious they are slapping these together as fast as possible and throwing them out the door. According to the fellows in the gunsmithing forum that crud in the pictures is most likely residue from bluing. I don't know how they make their barrels, reamer or whatever they use but it's very obvious necessary steps were missed or deliberately skipped.

Apparently it's just not worth their time to make one customer happy when they can sell junk faster than they can make it. I told her I've lost all faith in them and any assurances of "management review" were no better than politicians' promises, i.e. totally worthless.

So, I said "I want my money back!" in bold and underlined. She's out until Monday so we'll see what transpires then. I did preface my remarks by thanking her for working with me and doing what she could and that the body of the email was nothing personal but it was painfully obvious that management - at last for this product line - just doesn't give a damn about their products.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!