I have Rugers and S&W. All the revolvers that I've purchased new have gone back to the factory at least once. One Ruger went back twice. I also have a S&W that went back twice. To their credit, both accepted responsibility and fixed the issue(s).

My holey S&W impresses me the most though. The precision and accuracy are almost unbelievable. I'm very impressed with new S&W. Their quality control is as bad as everyone says. I've experience it repeatedly. Otherwise, the product is amazing. In the past, I would want to thoroughly check it out in person before I bought it. I would bring my tools. The gun would never be right and I would have to decide whether to pass or to buy it and send it back. Local shops have never been willing to help. Even when there is obviously things wrong with the gun, they've never been willing to do anything, not even open the ticket, print the label, pack or drop off the FedEx box. Nothing -- you're on your own. They prove it by keeping inventory of jacked up guns in the first place. Now what I would do is just buy it online, accept the transfer, and plan on sending it back. I would expect the exact same thing for Ruger. It's just the way it works.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 11/10/20.