Just got an email from Ruger on this third SP101 sent back for a crooked barrel and the second one with a cylinder that comes off the yoke.

"Good Morning,

I am emailing you in regards to the revolver serial number xxx-xxxxx that was sent in for servicers (sic). The technician has evaluated this firearm and found it to be beyond repair. As a gesture of good will we are offering to replace the firearm with the same model at no charge. Please note if you accept this offer the original firearm will be scrapped and the replacement will have to be shipped to a dealer of your choice. Please contact myself at your earliest opportunity with the decline or acceptance of this offer."

Now, on the face of it this is very nice of them but this is the second one I've sent back that was found to be beyond repair - which makes me wonder how it got out of the factory in the first place but that's another story.

Anyway, they replaced my first SP101 that had a crooked barrel with a brand new one which also had a crooked barrel like the one it replaced. When I sent that one back they did a real bubba fix on it. So this will be my fourth SP101 since June in search of one good one.

I'll graciously accept the offer for this new firearm (and pay my FFL a second time to handle the transaction) but will withhold judgement until it gets here...

And I still agree with the rest of y'all, I've had great luck and been very pleased with Ruger revolvers and firearms in general since 1968. That's why it really does pain me greatly to have to report this.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!