A friend as attending an informal shoot and that year one of the gunzine writers was in attendance.
The issue came up and the writer opined that the buyer had become QA/QC for many of the companies.
Ship it and if it was bad they owner will ship it back til we get it fixed or not.
My Bulldog is an example . . .

Before it was even shot it went back for a new barrel
The barrel was so rough looked like it had internal threads in the grooves.
Was showing it to a friend and he asked why I had shot BP in is and allowed it to pit.
I was so involved in the thread look i had not noticed where there were "chunks" missing
Back to Charter
Got it back and it would randomly fire several of the chambers some on the second or third try.
Back to Charter
Got it back and still random firing and then jammed after a few attempts to get a full cylinder to fire
Looked and the hammer drop safety (or whatever Charter calls it) i lying under the hammer.
BACK to Charter
Got it back and test firing gave me a gun that randomly fired the ammo.

THREW it into the back of the safe

One thing over the years IT NEVER PERFORMS and always FLYS to the back of the safe.

Obviously Charter employees never looked into the problem and I get too PI$$ED off to take it down and find the problem.
Hammer block safety and frame/hammer are bound to be the problem but I get teed off before I finish getting it out the safe to work on it.
I'm teed off now just typing about it.
A SAFE QUEEN FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!
Am I condemning all of Charters products including other Bulldogs?
No friend and several people I know have owned a Bulldog and they were all fine shooting revolvers.

There is a picture of a S&W barrel posted on some web site now with that same threaded look.

Ought to really perform like a file on any type of projie.

Last edited by LouisB; 02/11/21.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~