Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Just trying to save you all some headaches. Good Luck!
..............Not saving me from any headaches.. There are many cartridges which are ballistically better in every category than is the 30-06. I own 4 of them. However, I will give credit where credit is due. The 30-06 is no doubt one of the best all-around cartridges in terms of factory ammo availability, the amount of factory rifles available chambered for it, offering lesser recoil than the bigger magnums, reduced factory ammo costs, reduced brass costs for the reloader, very accurate, outstanding bullet selections, will certainly satisfy most hunting requirements and on and on....Yeah ok, I get all that.

But when one's recoil tolerances can easily handle the magnums, when one's budget can easily handle any additional costs in owning those magnums; ie rifle costs, factory ammo costs, reloading costs etc, then NO, the 30-06 is not the do all and end all when it comes down to "there is nothing greater" in rifle cartridges.

So! Would you like us non 30-06 owners to sell our more powerful pieces to then mainly own 30-06s? Maybe you started this thread to save our wallets from higher costs and our shoulders from more felt recoil? lol.............Well thank you, but no thank you. Not selling any one nor any remaining three of my cartridge choices below to then buy a 30-06. Nor do I intend to add a 30-06 as a fifth rifle. For the majority, there is nothing greater than a 30-06.

However some of us are not in the majority. Therefore the 30-06, regardless of all its wonderful attributes and for it to be considered in terms of "there is nothing greater?" The dept of ballistics in all categories will have a few things to say about that....

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger