Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
We joke about the Toronto centric view, but there is more than a little truth to it. There are regional differences, such as, all Canadians are good at partying, the Maritimers are very good at it. I'm from BC and I say that.

There is no doubt that regions of the country have their differences. But any regional differences have no bearing on the question,

"What's the relation between Canada and England?"

There might be regions that like or dislike England, but the relationship between the two countries is a good one. Where the arguments start is with the royals.

No doubt, Quebec is probably not happy with the UK. I cannot speak for southern Ontario, but northerners don't particularly worry about the UK.

I don't care about what Toronto thinks.

The East seems to like royalty and the UK more than the west. The country as a whole has a good relationship with England, but as the years go by, fewer people care about the royals.

Debate on the monarchy in Canada

It seems support continues to erode for the royals in Canada. This has little to do with the relationship between Canada and England, but inevitably, when Canadians talk about England, they talk about the royals.

From the above link

In a poll conducted in February 2020 by Research Co., 32% of Canadians (down one point since 2019) would prefer for Canada to have an elected head of state, while 27% (down four points) would rather keep the monarchy. The proportion of Canadians who say they do not care either way increased by eight points to 28%'.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]