Trade and political relations will stay the same, or may even improve, once the UK tosses the monarchy.

According to Cdn polling, the monarchy is a devolving situation here. And we have Justin, so we have more pressing problems. The UK too has more pressing problems. With Brexit looming, and the ongoing trade problems associated with it, the monarchy is of little concern right now.

I honestly believe that Harry and the rest of the royals figured that Canada would foot the security bill for them. They quickly learned that the word was no, you can pay for your own. Vancouver Island really wasn't the place for those two anyway. I was glad to see them bugger off to the States. You never know, some crackhead might take a shot at one or both of them.

Actually, I believe Harry is henpecked. Meghan wanted to go home to the US and got her way. She's a California girl, I think. We know that Harry won't be king. He's sixth in line and the odds of him being called up are slim. I doubt he wants to sit on the throne anyway. The only thing that might be of interest is if they divorce.

In some respects, this is playing out much like what happened to his great grand uncle, the Duke of Wind-Sore.

I don't wish him or Meghan any ill will. In the end, if he can settle in and live the life of a commoner, albeit a privileged one, things might work out. I suspect that if and when the divorce happens, he will move home, and hang with his brother Wills and their old friends.

[Linked Image from assets.vogue.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]