I've used mine on deer, black bear, and pig.

I've changed loads and sighting systems on this rifle more so than any other rifle I've owned. Low power fixed and variables, Williams FP, reflex sights, heavy hardcast, real heavy hardcast, and light jacketed bullets, all styles and weights that I tried were run at trapdoor pressure to max Marlin loads.

I've narrowed my preferences to either the Williams FP or a 1-4X20 variable. Loads I've come to like and trust are a 436 grain LBT at 1679 fps, and the Speer Unicor (Plinker) at 1900 fps. If forced to choose one setup, I'd go 1-4 variable and the cast bullet load, it'll shoot through anything on this side of the ocean.

Here it is with a Vortex Venom, a setup I felt ideally suited to close-in pig hunting.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Deer hunting with a 2.5X Ultralight, a damn good setup for this type of hunting though I've come to prefer the FOV and eyebox of a 1-4 VX-2.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Right now it has the Williams FP on it. That system has some compromises, but the rifle is relatively light in the hands with that setup, the tradeoff for the time you gain with a scope.

Last edited by Vic_in_Va; 10/29/20. Reason: speeling