Hi Josh! Some decades ago I picked up the below-photos Sako 375 H&H, carbine new in box. Such with a companion same-model in .270 Win. Giant, Great Western Gun Show of early nineties in SoCal. (Excellent price & x 2 happily deeper discount approaching 25% OTD.) In Mannlicher stock configuration, these Sakos a bit stubby-clunky aesthetics, but guess I'm weird... Really like the barrel band effect! Now if they just incorporated "handguards"... smile

I'd fired a converted mauser 98 in same barrel length & 375 H&H. Recoil of course 'substantial', but 20" barrel, noise bothered me more even with protection! A "SAY WHAT?" sort of evening following. smile Such configured heavy caliber rifles may be great carry & brush guns, but not for casual afternoon 'fun' at the range. Not for me anyway! It appears your nice Win 70 is with integral barrel brake. Can't imaging what that must sound like... "SAY WHAT..."

AK: I'm lost concerning your remark about "pressed on" bolt sleeve. Maybe my misunderstanding your nomenclature definition. In every one of my bolt rifles, the bolt sleeve is screwed into the bolt body and rotates about 90 degrees or less to remain vertical as bolt is rotated into/from battery. My image of a welded bolt sleeve is a non-functional gun! Such certainly not the design of any of the Models 70 I've seen up into the early Millennium! Can you clarify/educate me?

Best & Keep Safe!
John

Attached Images
R215-2.jpg (29.02 KB, 845 downloads)
R215-8U.jpg (20.14 KB, 843 downloads)
R215-11.jpg (31.02 KB, 842 downloads)
Last edited by iskra; 11/16/20.