Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Good score, glad you got it.

I could have bought it, put my barreled action in that stock with that bottom metal, put that barreled action in my factory Tupperware and got almost that much for a factory SS New Haven .375 H&H. Thus, the pick up of those extras would have cost little or nothing.

But, I'm even happier you got it, as I didn't really want to tackle another project right now.

Not sure who made that stock, don't remember McM having a drop belly that looks exactly like that.

Anything you find out about the bottom metal, stock, etc, pass it on. I'm curious.

You have more self control than I do DF. laugh That would've been icing on the cake for your barreled action, not that there's anything wrong with it's present configuration. As you mentioned it could benefit with a little less barrel weight and I just happen to have a set of Talleys like yours that fit this action. I did some online searching with McM, Manners, MPI, B&C and
H-S P and McM does offer a drop belly stock for Sunny Hill bottom metal, but the shape and the checkering pattern is slightly different. I'll have a better idea when I pull it down for a closer inspection but it might be a couple months before I bring it home......way too many expenses this month that stress my checkbook and credit card. cry

Picture of McM Safari
[Linked Image from mcmillanusa.com]

Last edited by tmitch; 12/04/20. Reason: added info

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn