Originally Posted by Keechi_Kid
I have a Winchester stainless classic in 375 H&H with Mark Penrod right now. I had originally got it thinking I wanted a 300 H&H built out of it, but decided more or less last minute to keep it a 375. He is putting it in a legend stock with standard fill and putting in some Sunny Hull bottom metal. Also putting on one of his bolt handles and a clover leaf tang.

I left the barrel factory but wondering if I am going to end up regretting that given how heavy the factory 375 barrel is. However, that rifle will be the closest to what I am seeing discussed here for me.

Keechi_Kid, That sounds like a real nice package. If your going to carry the rifle a lot, especially in hill country.....you may wish you’d taken some weight out of the barrel. My original .375 H&H ( Win. XTR), was just too much (and I was in fair shape at the time) weight when hunting in mountain country, when combined with all of the other gear (binocs, day pack with all practical needs, ect.) for an all day hunt! Dropping my rifle weight down to 9 pounds, scoped/loaded/slung, made a big difference in carry comfort! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024