Originally Posted by tmitch
Well I took a run over to take a better look. Bad move, I put it in layaway. As DF brought up, there's more in extras than what the asking price. Drop magazine, glass stock matching the bottom metal, (not sure the make on either) German #4 reticle in the Leupold. Everything put together nicely and in mint condition. Sorry guys, someone shoulda jumped on it when I first posted it.

HA!

Good score, glad you got it.

I could have bought it, put my barreled action in that stock with that bottom metal, put that barreled action in my factory Tupperware and got almost that much for a factory SS New Haven .375 H&H. Thus, the pick up of those extras would have cost little or nothing.

But, I'm even happier you got it, as I didn't really want to tackle another project right now.

Not sure who made that stock, don't remember McM having a drop belly that looks exactly like that.

Anything you find out about the bottom metal, stock, etc, pass it on. I'm curious.

Congrats, again. I'm thinking it would probably cost around twice the ask to put it together. Not sure if it would sell for that, but for sure it's worth a bunch more than you paid.

And, IME and from what I've heard, those guns do shoot. Mine sure does.

I like Cutting Edge bullets, have posted and written about them. I'm currently trying the 150 gr. and 160 gr. Raptors in my JES bored .358 Win Pre-64 Fwt.

Here's a target my .375 shot. I know, just three shots, but it was pretty neat when it happened.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]