I have been drinking more than I wanted or should for a very long time. I keep Whiskey out of the house most times because if I got it- I drink it. Will get off work and grab a beer out of reflex. Noticed I would wedge a second one in if dinner was more than ten minutes away- then wine with dinner and if I had any harder stuff- have one or sometimes two after wards. Nodding off on the couch became common. Was thinking that wasn't cool to the wife for me to do that. . Slept like crap for the longest time and noticed weight gain. Last week my wife was in the hospital and I could not stay there overnight. I skipped a day or two completely then kept it to a single beer ( although two days I slipped a bit) and figure in the past say two weeks had ten or more fewer drinks in me during that time than I would had. I feel better, slept better and dropped a pound or two and starting to feel a little more in charge of myself. Should not be hard to keep up but then again it is SO easy to falter.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius