Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Drunks are vulnerable, and often stupid.

Agreed. I whooped it up until I was 27 before I realized that and gave it up. I have alcoholism in my family and realized that, even though I was married and wasn't in trouble, it was probably only a matter of time before that changed and that was definitely one of the best things I ever did in my life! For the record, my wife will have 1-2 beers, glasses of wine or mixed drinks on occasion but never over does it and I find that's a good thing for the majority of people. I don't care what others do with their time/lives and have many friends who are moderate drinkers and some that I would consider problem drinkers but that's for them to figure out for themselves.

My decision has allowed me to:
*Stay faithfully married to the same lady for 27 years
*Have two kids that have never seen me drunk and never had to have me to apologize to them for the results
*Be a good leader and responsible employee at work (have only had to call in sick 3 times in 30 years!)
*Budget my way out from under crippling debt and save towards retirement
*Build priceless relationships with my closest friends that don't revolve around drinking
*Carry a CCW anytime I want without having to worry about the legalities of being impaired

I could go on and on but too each his own and your mileage may vary!! wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!