Come from a long line of alcoholics. Once, when I was about 20, was at a buddy’s apartment. Was having women trouble and the first thing I did was head to the fridge for a beer.

It occurred to me that’s what my old man would have done - except whiskey, lotsa whiskey. I didn’t have a beer that night or for 6 weeks after. Since then I’ve been a social drinker. I like a drink but rarely have more than 1 or 2, a couple times a week.

Though with the Rona this year, we’ve been spending more time with one couple and he likes his beer. When we get together the vodka comes out (both our wives are Ukrainian) and we can kill a bottle between us. Happened 5 or 6 times this summer. Fun at the time but I don’t want it to become a habit, so I’ve avoided drinking anything at all when we’re with them, unless it’s an actual party - which we’re going to one Saturday night with some Belarussians, so I’ll probably get vodka drunk.

Also this year I’ve developed a liking for scotch with my cigars. I have one cigar a week in the summer, and usually 1 or 2 scotch. I’ve got a collection of about 12 bottles of fine scotch, most more than 1/2 full.