Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Regarding the mask thing, I wear mine in the hospital when I have patient contact, but otherwise I don't. My coworkers are the same and we don't wear a mask in the hospital unless a patient (or our boss) is nearby. I'm somewhat ambivalent about it. I don't live in one of the commie states that makes an issue of it. I think a private business can ask customers to wear it if they want, and I can choose to either go there or not. I have choices. I don't really go out that often, so it's not like I'm having to change behavior. Do they work or not? I really don't care either way.

What I do find puzzling though is the number of people I know that rant about the government and masks, but also ask the government for permission and pay for the ability to exercise an actual constitutional right. To me, a CC permit is far more of a government intrusion than the mask, and I refuse to to get permission to carry, even though I do carry whenever I want. I guess we all draw lines somewhere.

As a hospital worker who sees COVID patients every day, I'm not particularly worried about it for myself and really don't go out of my way to avoid it. I'm not old, overweight, diabetic, with multiple other risk factors, so even if I do get it the chances of it being severe are minimal (although not zero).

You were sure singing a different tune a few months ago........

Kodiakisland
Campfire Guide

AK..CO..MO..CO..EU..AR..next??...
The H1N1 strain from 09 was bad, sure, but influenza is bad every year. Some years more than others. It's funny how people want to bring it up to prove a point no matter how far off they are.

Lots of clinicians here at the fire. Maybe my memory has failed me, but I don't remember back in 09 running out of ventilators. I don't remember staff worried because so many HCPs were getting and dying from H1N1. I don't remember the ICU being too full to take care of the normal ICU patients we have. I don't remember the military setting up field hospitals in multiple locations here in the US just to take some burden off the hospitals treating H1N1. Heck, I don't even remember the health care systems of most developed countries pushed beyond their means by H1N1. You'd think since I was working in the same hospital I am now I'd remember that, huh?

Now, for those of you who were actually in a hospital back in 09, maybe you can correct my memory if I'm wrong.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.

Weren't we all? What we thought it was in April-May turned out to not be such the case. The hospital workers that were more susceptible to it have gotten it and either died or gotten better. The rest of us seem to be like everyone else and not so much an issue. Time and perspective are something. My hospital currently has more COVID patients in it now than then, so it's not like it's gotten better for those dying of it, we just understand it a little better now. It's still a big deal for those that do die of it, is it not?

I sure in the hell wasn’t singing a different tune.. mine been the same since day 1.
2 weeks is all we need. 2 week shutdown, we do that we flat line this and we can go back to a normal life... Oh hey wait that 2 weeks disregard we need it to be 2 more weeks... oh hey that 4 weeks was t enough we need 6 week shutdown.

Last edited by 79S; 11/29/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.