Originally Posted by gremcat
Not reading the whole mess after seeing page one. Best of any gun in a fight is the one I’m holding.

I personally like what a Contractor said at my place when he met my Brother “That Guy is Scary as F***. He looks like he’d just rip my arms off and beat me to death with them if you asked him too”. That was after said Contractor got his “Big” chainsaw stuck dropping oaks over my place rather than use mine and my brother took a BFH, swung it like a kids wiggle ball bat, and shot the chainsaw/Wedge/whatever else 100 ft across the yard while the tree dropped in the lane.

My comment “Imagine if you dropped that on my house” LoL.

My point in the prolonged dialogue, shooting pistol matches ai saw a old guy that looked half crippled clear a stage with multiple reloads before I could blink in half the time of his closest competitor. I’d never witnessed anything close. Met a guy at a private 1400 yd range who was all of 140 lbs. Wuantifo guys used the place a lot. A SWAT team or some such group was shooting too. This guy was solo and just “visiting” but new my buddy who brought me there for instruction. My buddy was Team USA. This guy looked like he’d not slept in a few years and my only responses where look down and yes sir.

I’ve seen some expensive “toys” fielded badly. I’ve seen a 700p set a new record at Butner or similar. As some here say “It’s the Indian not the arrow” or whatever that saying is.

My brother I’d run from if he picked up a sharp stick or butter knife. Some others could have the latest and greatest whiz bang self dialing whatever and I’d be ok at 50 yards.

All that Verbose BS said, I like a Pre-64 .308 myself but then I’m the guy that “Innovates” companies but sticks with the best design I know regardless of age. To my leviathan brain, I like that action.

Masterfully written. Thanks.