Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Ok I just skimmed through this nonsense...... and my conclusion is a Krag is cool and obviously effective... as displayed by Flave. Granted this wasn't battle but he knows a thing or two about battle rifles...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Now all this talk about Nagants and Tikka's is pure horse schit...... Me being a Mauser guy and being loyal to the design, choose 98 Mouser.... here is a parts gun I threw together, battle rifle was not on my mind when I put this together but on reflection I suspect this would work just fine. Peep sights , 5 round magazine, 338-06, laminate stock.... yep this would work....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Oh and Springfield..... naaa..... inferior copy of the Mouser

Dude!
8mm way over penetrates...Germans proved it.

I wouldn't quote JeffO if I was you..... wink

OUch...That hurt!

Sorry buddy.... this place can get a little rough at times.... now atone and admit Mouser is best!

I'm starting my shrine to Peter Paul von Mauser as I type this.

Shrine or not, you are correct though. The M98 be the ticket.
Hell, I'd even take m96/m38 if set up to my liking and enough 6.5 swede 140 gr.s for the duration.

If the Germans weren't such evil fuucktards they would have won the war with that rifle....

No argument there.
They blew it with Hitler. I've always thought the Austrian President missed a prescient moment to chuck that psycho paper hangar off the balcony of the villa they met at for the surrender of Austria.

I have an 03 Springfield MKI based "scout rifle" that I've used for 95% of my hunting and shooting for the better part of 27 yrs. and its been a great firearm, spoiled me on old school bolt guns, but will replace it with m98 here soon.

The 98 is just a better design, albeit a little heavier.

Last edited by SBTCO; 01/11/21.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton