Originally Posted by flintlocke
Time for some anglophiles or Canuckians to chime in here..but I think, volley fire was part of Brit military tactics until 1918. I'm sure it was used to good effect, I read a translation of a German officer circa WWI, and in at least one assault the Germans thought the Brits had batteries of machine guns, "so we revised our plans and returned to our trenches". Volley sights were on many LE's from that era. In reality, after Dunkirk, the Brits were woefully short on MG's, having left a few behind apparently. Maybe more than a few.
That said, I believe the world record with a bolt rifle, Sauer, 5 round mags,remains with the Norwegians, 2019 Inge Hvitas put 39 out of 44 in 60 seconds, into the standard 6.9 moa target at 200m. 2nd place fired an astonishing 48 rds but only 38 hits. I am pretty sure the Brits have never come close. For one thing they used a 7.64 moa target.
Practical use, probably not much, but they are great riflemen.

That is certainly impressive, do you have a source and is that Sauer a military rifle?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”