Obviously using abolt gun for a short range fire fight against opponents armed with semi-auto cnterfires is generalyy a losing proposition. I f you are running more power than the opponents that can help but not much.

Of the bolt guns I own at the moment, the likely candidate would be my Ruger Gunsite Scout. I have several magazines and that woul be useful in maintaining a volume of fire for a time. Enough for say a 180 round loadout would be burdensome though.

That said, magazines are bulky and eventually need filled. Therein lies a rub. Filling the metal GSR mags is tedious at best, the plastic ones are much easier. If I had a setup where I could use stripper clps with my GSR (and there may be one) it would be helpful in maintaining avolume of fire.

It is much easier to carry stripper clips to refill firearms than loose ammo, they take relatively little space and are very light weight.

While I don't have a Springfield '03 I do have a prewar M70 Standard Grade that has the clip slot and receiver sights. It could be used as well. I actually shoot it a good bit better than the GSR with iron sights.

Thanks for the fun.
This is kind of like a discussion like: Which can you fire the most aimed rounds (12 in bull at 25 yards. only bullseyes count). out of in thirty minutes? - A semi auto 9mm with three 15 round magazines andthe remainder loose. OR a 7 shot .357 mag revolver (loaded with .38 Special +P starting with three 7 shot speedloaders speedloaders, three ten round speed dtrips and the remaining ammo loose. That is to say, something to pass the time.

Last edited by Dancing Bear; 01/11/21.