Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I wouldn’t use any modern bolt action designed to fire, maybe two or three thousand rounds in a lifetime over an actual battle rifle designed to be used and abused by an 18 year old soldier firing hundreds of rounds in a single day.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Many of us put hundreds of rounds per day through modern rifles, until the bore is worn out. Then you rebarrel and do it again.

The steel used in the action and barrels of today's rifles is far superior to that of 100 or 80 years ago.

If you want a modern rifle to last like an Enfield Mk III, load your ammo to 1930 303 British pressure levels.

Mannlicher-Schoenauer. Yes what a sweet little rifle. Effective on a 19'th century battle field.

I had a 6.5x54 in the closet, 160 gr RN at 2200 fps. 30-30 equivalent. I was hoping to find an application for that beautiful rotary mag. But a burglar got away with the rifle in 1984. He was probably disappointed to pack it all the way to Mexico, only to find it was worth about 50 cents as scrap iron.

Yes, but you are clearly full of schit and a semi high functioning retard.

So, that only leaves me with four times your intelligence and ten times your experience.

How many rounds do you think those WW I battle rifles actually fired before they got sent back to the armory?

How many modern rifles have YOU managed to wear out or break?

Yawn....why don’t you brag on your IQ some more...lol