Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
I’ve been an upland hunter for over fifty years and around or have owned GSP, GWP, Pudel pointers, English Pointers, Brit and Springer Spaniels, labs, and a bunch more.

The pointers are just high energy and mine had no “off buttons” and demanded significant time every day. Labs as you know are a little more relaxed as a group. My last GWP, smooth coat needed 6-8 miles a day at 10 mph just to take the edge off..minimum.

Some of the fashion breeds (Goldendoodle, labradoodles) are very nice handsome dogs with good dispositions and don’t shed. Another is the Schnoodle (pure bred Schnauzer and Poodle cross). These three come in small, medium and large though sometimes that’s a crap shoot when ordering a pup..

My daughter has a labradoodle they ordered as a “small” and it’s now fifty lbs, beautiful, intelligent, great with the kids, and I could tell it would be a heck of a hunter with some experience and training.

Dogs do add a lot to life.

We added this little 7-month old Schnoodle to our home this summer. About 12 lbs now. Will be about a twenty pound dog.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] rings a lot of enjoyment.

Labradoodles are not dogs.

They are mutts assembled in some moron's backyard.

You mean like most people?

There are actually many other breeds — could make a list because of inherited tendencies to medical problems and poor physical structure — about which that could be said other than the L- and G- doodles.

The many resulting breeds - some good, some not - are the result of genotype mixing to obtain favorable traits. Most of these ‘doodles are outright good-looking dogs with good personalities, smart, and can have the heritage to be good hunters. And they don’t shed.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 01/14/21.